Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Flashback 2018


From Ultra perspective my main goal for the year was to complete unfinished job at TRT and have more balanced running schedule amidst all other commitments in life. I think I did fairly well on both fronts. our daughter was adjusting well at school in 2nd part of the year that was a major relief and we did plan one good vacation at Kawaii.


Listing some key runs/races of 2018 and how the year went. 

1. Duke's 10X dogmeat 50k: Duke captured report of the day here. I ran the race mostly with Jason it was fun catching up on our racing/running plans.


2. Western States Fatass Run 100M: Again started by Duke and I jumped at the idea of running WS 100 course as a Fatass event, it was on my list for a while and I am fortunate to make this happen. This was more precious than any other 100 I have finished before. I am extremely thankful to my friends Martha(Duke's wife) and Rajeev Patel for their support as crew at various points. Duke has detailed report here. Photos from the adventure are here


3. co-RD Ruth Anderson: I believe it was 39th year it went very well, Rajeev was out of town so I had to take up brunt of work on race day, we had a seasoned team of people helping us out so we worked it out fine.

4. 10th Quicksilver 100k: another of my regular runs, completed 10th run at QS and 5th 100k this year, middle miles were tough but sucked it up and got it done. Anil Chandran finished this tough 100k too, Bipul had some back issues so decided to drop.\

5. TRT 100M: 
Since the DNF 2017, this race was haunting and I was patiently waiting to get this done, for some reason day time was much harder than previous years, but 2nd half was made much easier by Bipul's companionship and his famous kichadi, it was a treat to have that at 50m turnaround.

6. Bay Ridge 100k:
mainly decided to run this local Ultra on famous Dick Collins 50M course to accompany Hart who was doing his 1st 100k, it was brilliant effort of perseverance by him and we got it done just in time and got our moneys worth.

7. 10th CIM:
got my 10th finish at my favorite marathon and had a good race as well. good participation by Akamai friends and some other bay area friends.


Amongst friends several notable accomplishments
- Satpal and Paul Tran got their RDL finishes.
- Hart finished his 1st 100k.
- Shashank and Pradeep finished their 1st 100M.
- CJ finished Tahoe 200 and inspired few of us in 2019.
- Bipul got enough points for UTMB and signed for Ouray 100 in 2019.
- Anil Chandran finished QS 100k this year apart from Comrades.
- Ganesh finished Trans USA bike tour.




No comments: