1. What was your 2008 running highlight and running low?
As mentioned don't have any significant running accomplishments but my high for the year was Stok Kangri climb and low a DNF at Everest base camp hike due to altitude problem but it was very good learning experience and reality check for my future high altitude expeditions.
2. What race are you secretly planning on doing (or contemplating) for 2009 but haven't made it known to the public....until now.
hmm.. I don't want to do a 100M mainly due to time constraints, But secretly wish to do a probably Cascade or Headlands 100m.
3. Where would you like create and direct an ultra that (to your knowledge) none exists?
Surely there are lot of runnable sections in Ladakh and Sahyadri's in India. my dream event would be a 100mile run in the western ghats.
Another practical possibility would be a point to point 50 miler on bay ridge trail (east bay regional parks)
4. What is your "primary" race for 2009?
hmm.. I am most excited about a 1 week climbing class in Cascade mountains in Jul 2009.
5. What is the most exciting thing about your upcoming race schedule?
a new race Sonoma 50M
6. List your planned races for 2009:
Adam Blum's Fatass 26-mile run in Feb
Sonoma 50M in Mar
Miwok 100k(lottery dependent)
Ohlone 50K in May
Headlands 50M in Aug
Dick Collins 50M in October
A century ride
Tagging Padma/Kiran, Vinod Vishwanath, Nattu Natraj, Chihping Fu, Michael Kanning