Wednesday, December 26, 2018

10th CIM in 2018

Recently completed my 10th CIM in 3:33, as usual this was impeccably organized by SRA, I love to go back to this year end race, its my ritual to cap the year with this race. It was time to list short memories of this race from past 10 years.


2003:
1st CIM and 2nd marathon, I was mighty dissapointed with my 1st one at Long beach marathon as I finished in 5:12, few friends from Asha were in same boat and signed for CIM, I jumped in to train with them and ran a decent 4:48, a time I was satisfied with at that time.

2007:
Didnt run CIM for few years as I was caught with the Ultra bug and ended up running my 1st 100M at TRT that year, due to my work permit I had to relocate out of country for few months, I thought would be a good idea to race a marathon again, was pleasantly surprised to get my 1st sub 4. finished in 3:58

2010:
my friends Kiran and Arun were interested in getting back to marathons o we did signup to run and train together. We had pretty good training that fall mostly training in Los gatos creek trail. They both did very well as well. I finished in 3:38 I did get a decent 8 week training to run  a PR.

2011:
This was the year Ahana was born, I backed off running ultras, but wanted to run some quality race, at that time Dharmendra was trying for a BQ so got into BQ bug, we also had good training going on at Akamai had great time training with Josh Hunt. Got my PR that year at 3:14

2012:
I was 4 minuted away from BQ so trained harder and lost some weight to run a 3:10 marathon there, but weather gods had other plans. Arun and Dharmendra joined for this one as well. Dharmendra ran a really good race on a tough day in 3:08,  I ended up finishing in 3:25 after staying with 3:10 pace group till 16, I was spent, conditions were by far the toughest for a marathon. This year marks 5th year of CIM

2014:
Got into CIM loyalty bug and decided to do this on a regular basis, after training well I got a flu like sensation race week, I ended up running 3:21


2015:
2nd best marathon racing day, got -ve splits running with Jon Olson as pacer of 3:25 group. finished in 3:22


2016:
Had just got back from India and in my jet lagged state managed to run a 4:08

2017:
Another mediocre performance, didnt train specifically but managed a 3:38. Carpooled with Bipul and Manjeet.

2018:
Got good training cycle this year, I was hoping to run sub 3:25 but ran 3:33, pretty even splits, was happy with the day. 4 friends from Akamai joined (Venky, Josh, Sandro. Sandro BQed that day with 3:20:21) many of the other local friends joined too.

Now onto chasing #15 at CIM.



No comments: