Thursday, May 15, 2014

Training: May update and beyond

This year started out to be year focussed around Mountains to Beach(M2B) marathon, but that got derailed due to my lack of training in Feb and Mar. But I was able to regroup a bit and log some good miles in past 6 weeks and managed to get a decent finish at Inaugural Quicksilver 100k(14:58). With a course like that I was glad with a finish of any kind and I did fairly well.

But my goals for M2B changed from a quest for BQ to probably 3:15 and around kind of performance. I was not hitting splits for my BQ which was 3:10. I suppose it has to wait another training cycle, maybe sometime later in the year at CIM 2014.

So with another 10 days from the race, I am just focussing on a good recovery and do my best on May 25th. my friend Dharmendra is here from Bangalore to attempt for BQ and I am very hopeful of this performance there.

Beyond M2B I have slowly started dreaming about possibility of a 100M at Pine to Palm 100 in Sep my running clubmate Dennis has signed up as well. with a 100k under my belt it says I need to go out and train more !!

Some races/training runs going fwd would be:
Jun 14th:            Bryce 50M
Jul 10th(Friday): MP to Mt Rose 40M training run
Jul 11th(Sat):      20M training run (Lex to Mt Sombrero repeat)
Aug 2nd:            SF 50M
Aug 23rd:           30M training run(maybe 15 Fri + 20 Sat)

O Well.. these are just plans.. lets see how life plays out.

No comments: